Thursday, June 14, 2012

I (always) want to soak up the sun

IMG_1305 IMG_1304 IMG_1313 IMG_1317 IMG_1326 IMG_1324
Last weekend, we took a picnic to the beach after exploring the Farmer's market and enjoying delicious doughnuts! I always say that I wouldn't want to live near a beach, because I'm a city girl. I realized today, I would love to have both(and while, what we enjoyed today is no where near a real beach, but it's sun, sand and water)! I love the sun, the heat blanket that wraps around me as I lay on the soft sand. I think husband and I definitely found our new spot this summer!


Menu:
We took the beets purchased at the market and whipped up this salad substituting feta for the queso fresco, and we regretfully put in too little mint.
Fresh strawberries from the farmer's market
Spelt crackers and sharp aged cheddar
Pomegranate juice mixed with sparkling water and mint

IMG_1316 IMG_1308 IMG_1298 

10 comments:

Sharmaine Ruth said...

These photos are great! I've always wanted to have a picnic on a beach it looks like so much fun!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

Mmmm that juice sounds amazing. I love your sandals! Where are they from?

Michelle said...

that last picture looks delicious!

Unknown said...

The food looks so yummy :) Looks like you've found a great spot to go!
http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

Erika said...

Oh it looks so much fun! How i'd love to have a beach picnic in warm sunny weather... But instead I am crocheting warm chunky cowls and drinking hot tea to keep me warm :)

xo, Erika

www.jasminblancboutique.blogspot.co.uk

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

AHH! Farmers markets and beach picnics!? What's better!?

Satin and Souffles said...

Nothing better than picnics & beaches! I love your blog! I have added your button to my blog! Hope you get to check it out :D xx

{Satin&Souffles}

Erica said...

What a beautiful day! :)

Carissa | Eskimo Kisses said...

this sounds like the most amazing day! and your picnic looks delicious.

Sheila@TheFailteHouse said...

Beautiful photos! And love the strawberry pie recipe above too! New follower - found you from A dreamers Daze!